America Last? Only 5 Percent of Afghanistan Evacuees Were Americans
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki “celebrated” that the month ended with the evacuation of more than 120,000 people from Afghanistan, including about 6,000 Americans.
Wait, what did she just say? Out of 120,000+ people evacuated, only “about 6,000” were Americans. I’m no math whiz, but that’s only “about” five percent of those evacuated.
If the estimate of the Americans left behind are somewhat accurate and stand in the hundreds, that means about 90 percent of Americans were evacuated. That might be a decent grade for a test, but leaving 10 percent of Americans behind to the Taliban is not acceptable.
Instead, as many as 50,000 new Afghan neighbors are being brought to live on U.S. military bases. Did we really need to fly these people halfway around the world to escape the Taliban? Wouldn’t a neighboring country make more sense for most?
At the very least, could we at least properly evaluate those we bring into our nation? Maybe even have a Covid test, since, you know, we’re supposed to live in a mask until Fauci changes his mind again?
Instead, tens of thousands of Afghans are headed to America, and many are already here. Interestingly one Afghan was picked up in Washington yesterday from a criminal list. He came to the U.S. and was convicted of rape years ago. He served five years in an Idaho jail and was later deported back to his home country.
Somehow he ended up on a flight to the U.S. from Kabul. He was only picked up after landing in America.
Makes you wonder how many other Afghans who have landed in our country who could be bad guys. They’re now living at military bases in close proximity to our nation’s top weapons. Not a good look.
Especially if you go back to the numbers. If “only” 50,000 Afghans are coming to America, where are the rest headed? Some are being taken by ally nations, such as Germany or the U.K. But many are also currently at U.S. military bases in other countries.
This is the story the White House doesn’t want Americans to know. CBS News reported about 8,000 at a military base in Germany, with some being processed for the U.S. The New York Times reported 98 countries are taking in some level of Afghan refugees. A myriad of reports show the U.S. military considering a variety of nations hosting refugees, with many of the decision remaining confidential.
The overall fallout is threefold. First, the terror risk in our own country will be greater due to the Taliban’s control of Afghanistan. Second, we’ll have an increased risk simply form having 50,000 Afghans in our own nation. Third, other nations with Afghan refugees will include new hot spots where uprisings could occur.
Overall, the terror picture looks bleak. For America, the leadership is weak. The need for increased security for individual Americans and the nation will need to be on the increase as we seek to deal with the new shift in global refugees.